you were September in my mind,
awaiting the pale glow of winter's hollow touch
as I foolishly tried to drift my heart away --
away, away, quietly away, yes
where the vacancy between the seasons
would always haunt me.
it was then I tried distorting myself,
drew from my mind a notion I hoped
would bring me ease and ripen
my soul into something
you could never have.
I wandered off and carried you closely with me
yes, far off into a distant land,
foreign and extracted from a bad dream,
did you feel me then, love?
how I sensed the moon trying to utter things
that I no longer believed in,
like mockery, and loathed the stars
for echoing what you meant to me
then bore from impossible things
the idea that I was alone.
you were September in my mind,
abandoning and sweet,
reflecting from beauty an endowment
I held all my faith in.
awaiting the pale glow of winter's hollow touch
as I foolishly tried to drift my heart away --
away, away, quietly away, yes
where the vacancy between the seasons
would always haunt me.
it was then I tried distorting myself,
drew from my mind a notion I hoped
would bring me ease and ripen
my soul into something
you could never have.
I wandered off and carried you closely with me
yes, far off into a distant land,
foreign and extracted from a bad dream,
did you feel me then, love?
how I sensed the moon trying to utter things
that I no longer believed in,
like mockery, and loathed the stars
for echoing what you meant to me
then bore from impossible things
the idea that I was alone.
you were September in my mind,
abandoning and sweet,
reflecting from beauty an endowment
I held all my faith in.
Popular Posts
-
as these thoughts flame for the beauty i've sought fueled by the madness in my heart's desire ...
-
you are the sun, i am the moon, we'll never touch we'll never know the beauty of a kiss i'll never know what it may be to mi...
-
My belovéd I am within a void if not with the inspiration of your soul, without the very essence that is you. I have only recently discov...
-
there is an image of this girl within my heart who once embraced me when i was a teen i cared for her when dreams would conjure as an ar...
-
o farewell belovéd mother i pray that you can see as angels lead you through those gates just what you mean to m...
-
come squeeze on the thorns and confess while you bleed let me mourn for you at the alter of death time is no acquaintance, you're stil...
-
such breath is like lonely dream a life that drifts in lily white the air is cold but surely gleams true beauty through the azure night...
-
oh, as you hang the semblance of my soul where all the world will find their fortuned dreams the piece of you that feeds the midnight ...
-
Oh me, I am the one from the table where roses wither left alone by my only son in echoing flakes of winter In moment's instanc...
-
i fall into the fragile moment i met you while sitting alone in this cradling solace drifting in and out of ...

No comments:
Post a Comment