Oh, Merest Fate

Posted by Robert Anderson On Thursday, May 28, 2009 0 comments

 
Photobucket
Oh merest fate, shimmering night of my own 
soul, to beset forth the sweetness that lies, 
humbly I beg to the burdens I've known,
To return what it is I lack in your eyes
 
Soughing my thoughts here, to hear your heart 
unveiling what quietness that does draw 
within, to expose what love should impart 
across the distance that remains 'cause I saw 
 
Life, before it was this life you defined 
as your own, to give not a moment to chance 
Afar in what dreams you bore there behind, 
beauty and chaos and by such romance
 
Oh merest fate, shimmering night of my own 
soul, to beset forth the sweetness that lies 
Humbly I beg to the burdens I've known, 
to return what it is I lack in your eyes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts