Evasive Dreams

Posted by Robert Anderson On Tuesday, May 19, 2009 0 comments

Photobucket 
What shame, what grief when beauty died with us
And never will we be to rise again

My sweet you are my truest curse and thus
The one who left me blind as you would feign
So what in life is worth a thousand tries
If grace were still the veil of all my prayers
You knew my heart beneath those azure skies
Yet seeing your true face made me aware
I've been a fool and living foolishly
When you invaded me within my soul
While nothing in this life could make you see
You were the one who caused that bell to toll
And from our dawn-to-dark and dark-to-dawn
You swore you meant to grant a lover's theme
But realizing when our love was gone
There is no peace within evasive dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts