A Love Letter (To My Unborn Child)

Posted by Robert Anderson On Tuesday, May 26, 2009 0 comments

Photobucket 
Always in my heart, let me pour out my soul

Little sweetie of mine, you've put tears in my eyes
Oh, you are the heaven I've longed for so long
Vivifying everything and touching my life
Especially for the times you flutter the womb


Leaving me in awe the way that you do
Ever so precious, I see as I dream
The way that your smile can light up a room
Tonight I am yours as I write of my love
Echoing so softly in whispering adore
Remember that Daddy will be here forever


This is my gift to you, evermore
On my soul, I swear I would give anything

My life, if it meant to keep you from harm
Yesterday had held so little for me

Undeniably, you are my 'wish upon a star'
No, nothing I've known could ever embrace
Beneath the surface like the way that it felt
On the day your mother had told me the news
Right then and there every angel's heart melts
Now I count down the days until you arrive

Cuddling what clothes we picked out for you
Happily tucked away in affection
Inspired by the way your essence imbues
Loves droplet of tears; oh sweetie, you shine
Destiny of diamonds and beautiful blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts