Drown

Posted by Robert Anderson On Saturday, February 27, 2010 1 comments




with both eyes veiled behind my mask
where smiles and frowns still hide
i yearn to know why i exist
and search there deep inside
a thought embraces and imbues
across my weary soul
where scars left from the deepest cut
reveal how i'm unwhole
 how can i shine beyond the rain
where do i go from here
the clouds are pierced and won't let up
the thunder calls me near
perhaps i'm meant to grieve and grieve
and grieve forevermore
i guess it's why i still remain 
where i'll not reach the shore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely written and great flow!

These are questions I have often asked myself. Writing helps.
I also believe that we all wear masks... but some of us are more willing to admit to it than others.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts