the midnight toll

Posted by Robert Anderson On Saturday, October 9, 2010 2 comments

oh, as you hang the semblance of my soul  
where all the world will find their fortuned dreams
the piece of you that feeds the midnight toll
of grainy time still aches a brighter theme
i see it while you keep me held up high
despite the allegory life can claim
you know my silky touch can make you cry
i am the poverty you know by name
through autumn we will dance a faithful prayer
and know of nothing more than whimsy thought
i sense how deeply you feel you must bear
the dark vexatious reasons fate had wrought
yet if you found how much i still believe
that you're capricious for my sake, i fear
you'd let me go to find your own reprieve
then all my happiness will disappear
my calico desires would be in vain
and you would be the wanderlust i long
 'til beauty mingles with our hearts again
the night would think to sing our final song
but covet me and i will give you breath
for every duskiness my grace will sell
and mend the fabrication of your death
with love's true needle to enchant you well
i may be just a pendulum to keep
forevermore amid the summer skies
but you're the truth of why nature will sleep
in such a faint encumbrance through my guise
so as you hang the semblance of my soul  
where all the world will find their fortuned dreams
the piece of you that feeds the midnight toll
of grainy time will settle for this theme

2 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

The imagery in this piece - exciting.
The photo - says it all.
Fantastic post.

Anonymous said...

I love this...

"you know my silky touch can make you cry
i am the poverty you know by name"

I agree with Jo. The imagery is wonderful!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts