ambrosial kiss

Posted by Robert Anderson On Friday, September 24, 2010 2 comments

for you, the one whom i imperishably adore
i bleed my heart, my soul, my every whim
and by this verse, the beauty that i pour
through dreams, through time and all that reached the brim
i'll breathe our moments touched by the settling night 

there is no more than light between our souls
which streams to join the theme of such delight
from me to you and you to me, we're whole
and how that taste of such affinity

that you have swore would grant us more than life
has made its way to surge through you and me
there ceasing both our weariness and strife

oh, til i die from your ambrosial kiss
my sweet belovéd i'll always long that bliss

author notes: i know this poem is in sonnet format but i refuse to consider it one for its spontaneous line lengths. if you know how passionately i feel about the sonnet then i'm sure you know why i chose to add these author notes. thank you for reading :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your words are beautiful and deeply poetic and heartfelt Robert and that's what important.

Rosina
xena465

Nikhileswari.s said...

this is so heart warming, na i think, its heart rendering stuff this verse is wonderful

Post a Comment

Popular Posts