philosophy: fragments of me (self quotes)

Posted by Robert Anderson On Thursday, November 3, 2011 1 comments

"oh, how i long solace enough to release all the beauty i know i have to offer. unfortunately it doesn't work that way... i can only offer fragments at a time. now, consider what i had just said and ask yourself: do you think you could handle all my inner allurement were i able to grace it in a single poem? would it be far too overwhelming for you? or for anyone?"-- Robert Anderson

"the treasure trove of a poet is that we can easily discover a piece of ourselves in the next bewildering voice." --Robert Anderson

"the discovery of the truest poet is...
to sense the convulsions of one's secret self that may propose unrivaled beauty to its admirers." -- Robert Anderson

"isn't being able to write poetry divine? imagine an obsession which can alter into insomnia until the fine line between sane and insane become utterly blurred. i love being a poet!" -- Robert Anderson

"for every one of my quiet moments i must leave no stone unturned to repose my sanity;  this is as much for me to wed my blurry soul with my brawling heart" -- Robert Anderson

"i can never think of poetry along the lines of "better" or "worse" but rather the word i choose is "different". to say "different" when discussing how one poet may or may not challenge the next can only mean one thing: there is variety." -- Robert Anderson

"a poetry critic more often than not focuses on the attributes of no real distinctive worth while grazing through a poet's soul. maybe their obligation should be to take focus away from the way a poem is shaped and immerse themselves into the way it can caress." -- Robert Anderson

when asked of his method to express himself:
"it's complicated. i want to compose art and not just scribble whatever might be on my mind down. that's the key to writing good poetry, i think. i have to "feel" what i'm thinking or else it won't work for me and i'll just end up throwing whatever piece of trash i wrote away." -- Robert Anderson

"for boastful intellect should be foreign in the art of poetry; why do we feel the need to process thought when we write? we should feel compelled to have the words process us." -- Robert Anderson

"i've been told that i should be the most egotistical person out there for my natural ability to express myself. i see it more as a gift and you mustn't squander your gifts for the sake of self-admiration." -- Robert Anderson

"Although unveiled it will never be perceived in similar light by two different people... my soul is a diverse nudist." -- Robert Anderson

"we poets are all wingéd creature's flying blindly to an audience who would love to forage off our souls... like as a moth to the blistering flame is how it generally goes." -- Robert Anderson

"you're only as old as you are in soul." -- Robert Anderson

"i'm like the Rubik's cube. colorful yet complex" -- Robert Anderson

"i am the breath of life
proposing love's unrivaled beauty" -- Robert Anderson

"i don't know what i believe in and that's the truth. read my poetry... i believe in whatever i write blindly about." -- Robert Anderson

"‎...and so, i spend much of my time dwelling on the most beautiful things to preoccupy my heart. how i often pray i can scribe them in perfect symmetry." -- Robert Anderson

"in regard to the affectionate thoughts that drown my soul: this enslavement is beautiful" -- Robert Anderson

"...and through a curious enchantment, which in time aroused my secret self, i was at once acquainted with my heart's eternal dreams" -- Robert Anderson

"i loathe the feeling of being confined. at intervals it turns into an asylum of the mind." --Robert Anderson

"i have tragedy in my soul but in my heart... there's love" -- Robert Anderson

"Somewhere in an alternate universe i'm crying "what if..." over the life i have today" -- Robert Anderson

"my mother is my arch demon. she haunts me and i never knew her." -- Robert Anderson

"and as much again i would like for my soul to find her own, i would rather unveil the reasons my heart impassively dotes on her abstracted love" -- Robert Anderson

"yesterday i thought of today as tomorrow
regardless of the fact that my time is borrowed" -- Robert Anderson

"i've recognize jealousy in others who've crossed my path but paid no regard to them. they always claim my poetry's pretentious or whatever term their little minds can conjure up in that instant." -- Robert Anderson

"i'm an old soul and not even this fucked up exterior could deny me my true self's brio. i shine no matter who i am in life. i suppose this all comes down to reincarnation. i'm stronger than i seem." --Robert Anderson

"someone once told me that the way i write is a bit intimidating. for that i can honestly say that i feel like such a freak. sometimes this thought haunts me so much so that i fall quietly into loneliness. see, poetry is my way of gaining peace of mind and if you fear my peace of mind, you give piece of mind to my fear." -- Robert Anderson

"while standing at the skirts of all my sanity i speculate whether or not i should jump. ironically, i'd have to be insane to do so." -- Robert Anderson

"i consider you in a light that i secretly hold in my thoughts. when i visit this place i find it to illuminate with an intensity that only intimacy rules. you're beautiful here." -- Robert Anderson

"my muse has altered her visage... she's ever enchanting and whispered softly to me as an apparition "i am Moira sweet poet... you shall be my aftermath" then gently crawled into my soul." -- Robert Anderson

"do you think you're just an average person? i don't believe in "just an average person". i think everyone is bequeathed something special before they're born and, whether they know it or not, use it in their every day lives. consider this the next time you look in the mirror." -- Robert Anderson

"i always thought myself as the first of a kind. others may say "one of a kind" but i refuse. one of a kind? no, no, no it seems too much as though that could be anyone. there have been others who have walked in your shoes before and you are echoing their very individuality. originality is breathing its last. when an infrequent life is noticed too many feel they MUST destroy him or her and haters flock. yes, we creative spirits are hated." -- Robert Anderson

"i watch the night sky while standing before the ocean. have you ever thought what they both see? while gazing upward the ocean has a perfect view of all of heaven. and heaven? well, when you consider what she sees it's like she staring into a mirror. both attuned to each other only not... heaven is all they both really see." -- Robert Anderson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a few favourites here! :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts