the way we were meant to be

Posted by Robert Anderson On Thursday, July 23, 2009 0 comments


Photobucket
synthesized through a tainted kiss
now i'm so bitter with you
did you know love could be like this
that it was the loneliest of virtues?
see i've questioned how you could deny
our every dream forever
the illusion of love pours from the sky
while evoking our hearts to sever
my tears remain as my escape
from all that emptiness
if beauty dawns in the poems i shape
then by my dead-eye we exist
i'll dwell inside where i've aimed to hide
from all that you have said
and with both my hands completely tied
i bear the thoughts you wanted dead
whether you could tell me if you wonder
about where we might have been
if you hadn't dragged and driven us under
beneath all your doubt within
is the enigma trapped inside your soul
while you long a passage to see
and exposing our grave to fierce extol
is the way we were meant to be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts