Bought, Used, And Sold

Posted by Robert Anderson On Friday, July 31, 2009 1 comments

I capture moments before dawn
In hours I can't help but to wonder
Of things I want so much to believe
Whenever I trust in another

Perhaps it's that I long for empathy
But I still can't understand myself
Don't know if I'm really worthy
Considering all the pain I've felt

It's hard to be optimistic sometimes
Which is why I push people away
'Cause when they get too close I'm vulnerable
To every little thing they have to say

I know it's crazy how I get suspicious
Of what they want and if they'll use me
But it's 'cause I keep analyzing their speech
That I find it all a bit too amusing

I test them to see if they really deserve
A chance to peer inside my soul
And there's reason I'm cautious no one's discovered
I sense my life was bought, used, and sold


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1 comment:

poizon said...

another really great thought, your thoughts lately seem to resonate with me deeply, because i'm dwelling in this place of darkness that i don't know if i will get out of alive, and allowing others to see what's there is huge, trust is very hard to relinquish to others when it's been broken so many times before, absolutely an amazing thought...XO

Post a Comment

Popular Posts