i envision you closer,
close enough to veil your eyes
gently beneath the enchantment
of a frozen starlit night

i'd kiss you gently as you ready to
greet the dreams you swore were always
of only me... forever

our breaths appearing along in years
for how desire granted patience
to ever instill in us
this immeasurable blessing

closer... i need to be closer

for as your chest rises and
falls i'd watch then shed a tear
for how beautiful you are to me

love, i wish i were closer...
so much more
closer

but tonight is rested in my soul
and it comfortably stirs your passion
deeply where no one can ever,
ever find me

i watch the skies and think of
whether or not you realize
these affectionate thoughts in this
exact moment

closer...
oh, i know to be with you alone would
utterly kill me for how
i'd be ready to die there
in your emitting warmth

closer. hold me dearest...
closer.