O Timid Night

Posted by Robert Anderson On Monday, May 18, 2009 0 comments

Photobucket 
O timid night to which these words are born
To which age shall cease my breath, not my heart
My life lies mourning in this lasting scorn
For all that light with death had dealt in dark
I mourn for all the grief your eyes adorn
Mourn for all this world I cannot stand
O timid night why by your depth expand
When morning still remains as all reform
I've come to bare of all this life abroad
Of saddened truth while knowing how I've cried
Why take what surely means I've always tried
O ye old night have nothing that is flawed
So I'll not settle for this fated way
This mere desire of your darkness here
I long for hope and to my dying day
O night I'll hunger for how you appear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts