Concrete Rose

Posted by Robert Anderson On Friday, April 17, 2009 0 comments

Photobucket 
My final breath was taken when she laid to rest
The vaguest notion that we both could be
Within a dream which I have learned to dream obsessed
I wonder how she can deny my plea

Each time I try to touch her heart she walks away
Why does she choose to leave me in my tears
I've died a thousand times beneath the skies of gray
Within myself where ugliness appears

The stars divinity bore life in her despair
Now in that sense we share the same domain
So much I'll ebb in solace through each thought I bear
And how that oft unveils my love in vain

She is the concrete rose that I wish I could hold
Which heaven thought to lace with ghostly pain
Her spirit's still the beauty yet so sadly told
Is how she won't return to me again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts