The Rejuvenation of Dignity

Posted by Robert Anderson On Saturday, April 4, 2009 0 comments



Photobucket
 Please understand that presently I must display
To find the life we used to know within our dreams
The very beauty which I feel has died today
Oh, trust me when I say your self indulgence seems
To push my heart away as we no longer share
All that we had when sweeter days bore fortitude
The glow of virtue throughout every night we'd bear
Made way into a place where this would oft include
The fluency of lust which burned within your soul
I wish that all our time had always been like that
Yet moment after moment you have lost control
and now it feels as though my love and hate combat
There is no way of helping you when you can't see
What you have done to us, I wanted you to know
I'm tired of dragging myself through the dark debris
While feeling just as all we knew died years ago
I cannot keep forgiving you for every time
You bring me sadness and drown me in your despair
Then leave me all alone to think about the crime
Which causes me to wonder if you even care
While peace within myself for what I do believe
Now that I've pegged the true form of your inner core
Gives back my spirit as you watch me gently leave
This isn't like the times I said I'd leave before
I'll search my way to what you could not give, my sweet
and dream a dream that one day may come into view

When I do find the one who will make me complete
You'll wake up to the thought that what you lost was true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts