own me

Posted by Robert Anderson On Thursday, April 2, 2009 0 comments

crave an ounce of me
then taste me through crawling shadows and i --
yes i may linger selflessly against
the shoal of stars
that paint their beauty amid the night

we entwine two breaths and
became our own inner selves for the sake
of true intimacy, ardency, and dream to the point
whispers of light become our own

oh, fall into me from here and there
while i die within the vastness
of this sheer existence
then love me; love me  as though
i have always been all
that ever mattered

come away,
come away my sweet counterfeit lover,
take captive my dreariness
and lock me away for days on end within the void
you keep secret from
anyone else

listen intently to the rhythm of each beat
spaced violently within the caving of my chest;
hear me as i whisper the eight letters
my heart scourges me to say
[because...
i am a slave to my emotion]

you are mine now, see?
my little secret valentine i store in
the vacancy of my soul
and somehow...
i am whole

and you
alone
can own me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts