Oh, Sovereign Night

Posted by Robert Anderson On Thursday, April 2, 2009 0 comments


Oh, sovereign night, peace be with you
I've walked through fates and ash
When for a time within my tale
your love for me did splash
Within the depth of my old soul
but longing here to die
Became my dreams within my life
these tender tears I cry
For joy, oh joy, which I've not known
when peace did fade away
Please walk with me in deepest need
oh, night until the day
I will not drift from hope if you
do grant to me again
The fairest wonderment in tone
of breath not gone in vain
Oh, sovereign night, am I to you
but a mortal who cannot
Touch your face behind the glow
of the beauty I had sought

While yearning more is my heart when
I bask within the light
Beneath the moon where I shall dance
with you, oh sovereign night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts