Why Did The Sun Not Rise Today

Posted by Robert Anderson On Wednesday, June 10, 2009 0 comments

Why did the sun not rise today
The moon was here last night
I do not understand the way
The sun refuses flight

Where are the morning birds that sing
Where is my mind's intent
To mark down through my everything
The words that beauty sent

I grasp the reasons love can't shine
I know this moment's not
The mark of faith which can design
Just what today forgot

The things that I have grown used to
Have drifted far from me
I wish someone could tell me true
Just who I'm meant to be

It's much too quiet in this void
I feel my muse has fled
The way I wrote she once enjoyed
But now my music's dead

A single note of beauty would
Impress upon the rise
Of all that I had understood
When looking in her eyes

But now is really sometime when
I never knew a rhyme
As lovely as the thoughts within
My poetry sublime

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts