Thinking of Forever

Posted by Robert Anderson On Wednesday, April 21, 2010 0 comments

by the measure of grains i hold in my hands 
the grains of sand from the hourglass
which had by day as the dawn emerged
sought to take me away but at last
i thought it not to be of the dust
that had drifted into these shades of wonder
but time which i needed more than i knew
beyond the span of my life whenever
beauty would drift into these words that i pour
while i stood from the heights where i've not known
my death and so the things i believe
will engrave from every ounce of my soul
for all that i've learned from hurt and sheer grace
from the depth of every ounce of my being
i'll bare all i find through all i convey
and think of forever as though i were i'm dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts