Truth

Posted by Robert Anderson On Monday, December 7, 2009 0 comments




 
I confide in you
the truth which I have known

see I have died forever
and a day within my soul 
 
my scars lie inside
for I have not known love
and for those who I have trusted
I was never enough 
 
I've done wrong in my life
(no one is just a victim)
influenced by the bastards
who had me in confusion 
 
my mother never cared
so who was I to turn to
who'd teach me to be strong
I've struggled to emerge through 


the memories of abuse
both physical and sexual
for the years I hated myself
my thoughts were suicidal


I'm tainted and unstable
there's no reason to lie

and I feel like a waste
for the space I occupy


so maybe I'm not worthy
to be loved by another
because every time I try
they tear my world asunder 

 
I have so much anger
deep inside me like a burden
it's hard for me to trust
and that's all I know for certain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts