Ensconced

Posted by Robert Anderson On Saturday, September 12, 2009 0 comments

Photobucket 
I met within my dreams when time
conceived me so withdrawn
a bird that sang a song I've known
when life was not forgone
then drew my quill and wrote a verse
to resound what she bore
and have her flow throughout my soul
perhaps forevermore
except it seems that I've done wrong
and broke her tender heart
what can I do when I'm abashed
of what I thought was art
and how from then so timidly
I combed my soul to dream
and lastly thought of all my pride
within my silent screams
oh, how I wish that bird would come
and sing for me again
yet I must dwell within that verse
to know I yearn in vein
so beautiful that dainty bird
that bird that I once knew
with broken wings I sought to mend
beyond that dreamy view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts