A Bittersweet Haunting

Posted by Robert Anderson On Sunday, January 11, 2009 0 comments


 
My sweetest gypsy, did I fail to shelter you
 Once when we two, across the land, beneath the stars
Gave life to freedom, long before this gave us through
and through as beasts in cages; oh, how sorrow scars!
Deny the haunting voices in the castle's air
and leave; I will besiege you when the night enthralls--
Although, I know you're bravest when you're in your prayer;
You've felt no comfort when you heard my ghostly squalls
And during your sojourn while you were in my home,
I may have stalked the dungeon's depth but for awhile;
From where I would so bittersweetly therein roam,
Oh, all I ever wanted was to touch your smile.
I've sought a passage to cross over willingly,
While nothing where I am could ever share my view;
It's quite disturbing to know that you chillingly
No longer wish to love me 'cause I bear no hue
So go then sweet; go warn of what deep darkness rants,
But I'll still follow you until at last your kiss
Should tender me yet only when your death then grants
To both our fates: The day we merge as one in bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts