September in my mind

Posted by Robert Anderson On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 0 comments

you were September in my mind,
awaiting the pale glow of winter's hollow touch
as I foolishly tried to drift my heart away --
away, away, quietly away, yes
where the vacancy between the seasons
would always haunt me.

it was then I tried distorting myself,
drew from my mind a notion I hoped
would bring me ease and ripen
my soul into something
you could never have.

I wandered off and carried you closely with me
yes, far off into a distant land,
foreign and extracted from a bad dream,
did you feel me then, love?

how I sensed the moon trying to utter things
that I no longer believed in,
like mockery, and loathed the stars
for echoing what you meant to me
then bore from impossible things
the idea that I was alone.

you were September in my mind,
abandoning and sweet,
reflecting from beauty an endowment
I held all my faith in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts