I find in the strangest of dreams
a horse that calls out to me
he looks into my eyes and neighs
while an old man who follows me
bids me of this longing, the horse
this creature who seemed so sure
held to the neighborhood there
by the moments that fate had poured
and it wasn't as it all had seemed
when I entered the door of the home
of my foster parents who paved
that road and lead me along
to become who I am today
but this dream was the strangest of things
it's as if they were not surprised
by the wisdom of the things I sing
and I find my younger self
then say, "how is it that you do"
he tells me to go in the yard
to search for the one who knew
so I do as he says and go
and see such a sight I fail
to grasp in a glance of one
and only moment so once again
I find in the strangest of dreams
a horse that calls to me
he looks into my eyes and neighs
while an old man follows me