soothing echo

Posted by Robert Anderson On Monday, March 8, 2010 2 comments

there is an image of this girl within my heart
who once embraced me when i was a teen
i cared for her when dreams would conjure as an art
the truest beauty that you've ever seen
the stars would shine and smile on us from high above
it felt as though our bond would never die
yet she confessed to me that it was never love
and that we both ignited a dark lie
within her tears she claimed that she must go away
i begged and pleaded on my knees for her
for how could one be such an angel but then stray
from all that we could ever be and were
 i hear that soothing echo of the day we met
and find the reason i cannot forget

2 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh, that so deeply touched my heart. Wow! And a beautiful photo.

Anonymous said...

Lovely... young love makes such an impression.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts